Saturday, November 18, 2017

RED ROCK CANYON NEAR LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

Red Rock Canyon, Nevada, 10 x 16 inch ink and watercolor by George C. Clark   AVAILABLE

Red Rock Canyon is a National Conservation Area about 15 miles west of Las Vegas, Nevada.  It features a visitors' center and a 13-mile one-way loop road with many scenic overlooks with parking for access to hiking trails and rock climbing sites.  Pat drove me around the circuit once while I scouted good locations for drawing, then a second time when we parked at the locations I had selected.  The plants in the foreground at the overlook where I drew the red rocks and distant mountains were not very interesting, so I "transplanted" some cactus from another site nearby.  Artistic license.

UPDATE:
Red Rock Canyon, Nevada is currently on exhibit in the exhibition PLEIN AIR PAINTERS OF CHICAGO at the Palette & Chisel Academy Gallery, 1012 N. Dearborn Street in Chicago through February 3, 2018.

No comments: