Tuesday, April 14, 2020

TWiLIGHT AT THE MARINA IN NASHVILLE

Twilight at the Marina, 13 x 9 inch ink and watercolor by George C. Clark   SOLD

A little over a month ago, just before the coronavirus plague, I was in Tennessee visiting relatives and celebrating family birthdays.  There is a marina on Percy Priest Lake about a mile from my sister's house in Nashville, but it's not as visually interesting as the marina on the far side of the Percy Priest Dam, so that's where I went to sketch.  I made the ink drawing on-site and finished the painting at home with the addition of watercolor and a few touches of colored pencil.

UPDATE!
 I am happy to announce that this painting is in the current WE'RE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT, OR ARE WE? exhibition at Stola Gallery in Chicago, and it has been sold. (August 11, 2020)

No comments: