Monday, March 25, 2019

DUNES ON THE FLORIDA COAST

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, 8 x 15.5 inch ink drawing by George C. Clark   AVAILABLE

I made this drawing last month at the Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve on the Atlantic coast north of St. Augustine, Florida, a lovely stretch of beach, dunes, and coastal wetlands.  Swimmers, surfers and fishermen can access the beach, but only via wooden boardwalks that protect the fragile plants that anchor the dunes in place.  I drew from an overlook on one of those boardwalks across a 2-page spread in my sketchbook, which I later cut out of its binding and flattened for framing.  I will probably do a full color version of this image with watercolors.
George C. Clark drawing beach dunes in Florida.  Photo by Pat Clark.

No comments: